April 13, 2010

Roti for Lunch!

source: chakali.blogspot.com

When in Rome, do as the Romans. The same rule applies when traveling in India.

And since I am a serious Foodie, I will try just about everything. One staple in India is Roti.
Rotli or Roti is a type of unleavened Indian bread that can be enjoyed with any vegetable or curry. Rotli, as they are known in Gujarat, India, are rolled very thin making them light and soft. They are cooked in two different steps — first on a tawa (or skillet) and then finished off on the open flame making them balloon up.
I really love munching on these wonderfully soft and fluffy rotlis, or rotis.
Bon apetit!
Thank you for stopping by. Namaste!

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oh wow...i love sampling the food in exotic locals..had wat from africa which is the kinda spongy bread staple you use to scoop your food...definitely an interesting taste...

Ms. Gibson said...

Hmmmmm, I have yet to try African cuisine. I must try it!
Thanks for popping in, Brian.

DougVernX said...

Mmmm, I might have to try these Roti. We have a fine Indian restaurant here in town. I'll have to see if they serve this. Thank you for stopping by my crazy blog!

Crone and Bear It said...

hi kiddo - is this similar to naan? That's the bread we always get at the Indian restaurant and I love it - I also love Indian food with a passion but it's just not on my diet right now except for maybe some lentils...yummy!